When it comes to endurance events, Mansfield is a natural fit. Cyclists and runners have found a home on Mansfield’s wide, open roadways, while swimmers from across the country are diving into the state-of-the art facilities at the MISD Natatorium. The shores of Joe Pool Lake are minutes from the city’s historic downtown, and, with close proximity to DFW International Airport and major highways, Mansfield is the perfect site for your next road race or triathlon.
The Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex hosts several races throughout the year. Here are some of the races in and around the Mansfield area:
- Music Alley Run (September 6, 2019) - Get ready to run with your favorite tunes and an Eighties vibe! More details on this race to come, but for now be sure to plan your weekend trip to Mansfield for the race and the Music Alley - Music & Arts Festival.
- Mansfield Turkey Trot (November 28, 2019) - Get your gobble on at Katherine Rose Park for Mansfield's annual Turkey Trot. The Fun Run will begin at 8:00am, and the 5K will start at 8:30am. Click HERE to register.
- Fa La La La 5K (December 7, 2019) - The Mansfield Kiwanis Fa La La La 5K is an annual fun run/walk during the City of Mansfield's Hometown Holidays Festival. The event will take place Katherine Rose Park.
- 2020 Snowman Run (January, 2020) - Wear your hat, scarves and best snowman gear to run or walk, then stick around after the race to enjoy s'mores & hot chocolate while prizes are awarded.
- Mansfield Run with Heart - Methodist Mansfield Medical Center (January, 2020) - Step out for your health and a good cause. Choose from a chip-timed half marathon and 5K run, or a one-mile fun run/walk.
- Pickle Parade & Palooza - Fun Run, 5K and 10K Runs (March 13, 2020) - Join us for a weekend of fun, exercise, and family entertainment at the St. Paddy's Pickle Parade & Palooza in Mansfield, TX! A one-mile fun run, 5K, and 10K runs kick off the day, followed by the parade, vendors, food and musical entertainment.
- Super Awesome Tiny Tri (April, 2020) - Suit up your superheros and bring them to run, splash and wheel through our Super Awesome Tiny Triathlon course! Designed for ages 0-10 with age and skill-appropriate challenges. Click Here for more information and to register.
- Barks & Rec 5K (Spring 2020) - Runners and walkers will be paired up with a shelter dog to take on this super fun race! Discounted adoptions will also be available all day.
- Sugar Rush 5K (Early Summer 2020) - Sign up today to run the sweetest race in Texas, with candy & cupcake treats along the route to keep you motivated. We've got timed competition with medals in each age group for those who prefer the sweet taste of victory to a frosted donut.
- Red, White & Rockin' Kids Triathlon (July 2, 2020) - Hawaiian Falls Mansfield: 100m swim, 3.1 mile bike, and half mile run for the Juniors (6-10 years), and 200m swim, 6 mile bike, and 1 mile run as Seniors (11 - 15 years).